Business Developer Norway
Social Eatertainment Group (SEG) is an international restaurant and entertainment chain with >145 venues in 15 countries. We call it eatertainment, the combination of food, drinks and activities. We currently have three leading brands in our portfolio: O’Learys, Harrys and Sing Sing Karaoke. We have ambitious growth plans and will continue to grow at a high pace in the coming years. SEG will add new venues in countries with current operations, but we might also expand to new countries and add new brands to the portfolio. SEG is backed by strong owners including Altor Equity Partners.
Do you want to be part of our exciting journey and together with committed and driven Social Eatertainment Group colleagues build the largest eatertainment Group in Europe? We are now looking for a passionate, driven and hands-on Business Developer Norway to fuel the growth.
What you will do
As Business Developer Norway you are a part of Social Eatertainment Group’s (SEG) commercial team and drive our growth in Norway across all our brands. As our ambition is to 3x the company in size in the coming 3 years the position is of strategic importance for us.
Your main focus area is growth through franchise and corporate venues, but from time to time and depending on interest and previous experience you might be involved in other growth initiatives such as assisting with M&A screenings and growth plans for Norway. Initially the role is focused on Norway but depending on interest and development the geographical area might grow and/or change. The role is group-wide, and you work with all SEG brands (O’Learys, Harrys and Sing Sing Karaoke).
The Business Developer Norway works in close collaboration with the Expansion and M&A Manager and other parts of the organization to align on priorities, grow the business together with other stakeholders and to spread information about current growth projects and dialogues. This person is an ambassador for our franchise growth and supports the organization in expanding from the current >145 venues we have in our portfolio today and reaching our vision of more than 400 venues in 2025. This is a role with great opportunities for professional development and personal growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively identify new growth opportunities in Norway, be it a potential franchisee or great premises for a corporate venue
- Independently lead franchise discussions from identification to signed agreement
- Negotiate with real estate owners and help our operations team with preparing business cases for new corporate venues or JV’s
- Prepare B2B sales material and represent SEG in B2B events
To be successful in this role you:
- Your level or field of education is not important, we are looking for the right candidate
- You have min. 5 years of working experience, preferably from a growth, business development or sales role, alternatively from the restaurant, hotel, entertainment, or real estate sectors. We will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Any previous experience from franchise in any sector is an advantage
- You are hands-on but at the same time analytical and not afraid of Excel, PowerPoint, financial data or legal documents
- You are familiar with the restaurant industry or genuinely interested in it. A large network within the Norwegian restaurant sector and among real estate owners is required
- You are a team player and have a track record of working independently and getting things done
- You are result oriented, logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- You thrive in an international environment
- You are fluent in Norwegian and English in both oral and written communication. Additional languages are of added value
- Driver’s license is needed
- As a person you are curious, people-oriented, flexible and have a positive can-do attitude
You report to the Expansion and M&A Manager. The Business Developer is preferably based in Norway (home office), with willingness to travel within Norway up to 50-70% of the time.
We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.